The value processed marble exports: 674,162,101 dollars
The value of processed travertine exports: 206,878,244 dollars
The value of Block exports: 484,812,089 dollars
Turkey is in an important position worldwide in terms of natural stone reserves. Our country, which has a geologically rich structure, is home to unique natural stone deposits in different regions. These natural stones are in great demand not only in local markets but also in international trade. These geologically rich regions offer important resources for industrial activities. In this context, the increase in Turkey’s natural stone exports is a remarkable development not only economically but also geologically. This report examines the factors behind this significant increase in Turkey’s natural stone exports and assesses the future potential of the sector.
When we examine the export tables, we see that the Turkish natural stone sector exported 1,441,889,127 USD valued natural stone between January and September 2023. The value of Turkey’s natural stone exports was minus 10.13. The top 10 countries to which the sector realized the highest exports in the nine-month period were China, the United States, India, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Israel, France, the United Arab Emirates, Australia and Libya, respectively.
Processed marble market shrunk by 9.75% in 2023
When we take a look at the processed marble export reports for the January-September 2022-2023 period, we see that there was a decrease of 17.94% in quantity and 9.75% in value. The sector earned 674,162,101 dollars from processed marble exports in the January-September period of 2023. The top 10 countries to which the most exports were realized were the United States of America, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Libya, Australia, Morocco, Russian Federation and France.
Block exports gained momentum
When we turn to the block market, we are faced with a positive picture here as well. In the first 9 months of 2023, the sector earned 318,790,969 dollars in exports to China. The earnings from total block exports amounted to 484,812,089 dollars. Although India does not make as big purchases as China, it is Turkey’s biggest block market after China. When we examine the last table, there is a mobility that gives hope to the sector; 109,180,018 dollars of income was obtained from exports to India in the first 9 months of 2023.
Let’s talk about processed travertine exports.
In the 9-month period of 2023, the sector realized 206 million 878 thousand 244 exports were realized. When we take a look at the export reports, we see that there was a decrease of 26.20% in quantity and 21.34% in value.The top 10 countries importing the most processed travertine from Turkey are the USA, France, Australia, Germany, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Romania, Romania, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Libya and Argentina.
What is the situation in country groups?
When we examine the country group export tables, we see that North America and Near-Middle East Asia are in the lead, while there has been a decline in European Union member states Europe, Other Europe, West Africa, Central/East/South Africa, there has been an increase in Other Asia, North Africa and Central-South America.
As for the figures:
– 455,074,532 dollars amounted natural stone were exported to other Asian countries. The increase in value was 1.15
– Exports to North American countries amounted to 295,560,518 dollars. The decrease in value was % 22,98
– Exports to Near and Middle East Asian countries amounted to 317,808,106 dollars. The decrease in value was -0.09%.
– Exports amounting to 173,398,035 dollars were realized to European Union member countries. The decrease in value was -27.37
– Exports to other European countries amounted to 69,006,860 dollars. The decrease in value was -0.91
– Exports to North African countries amounted to 63,632,289 dollars. The increase in value was 1.04
– Exports to Central and South American countries amounted to 24,015,322 dollars. The increase in value was 3.23
– Exports to West African countries amounted to 5,589,488 dollars. The decrease in value was -19.45
– Exports to Central, Eastern and Southern African countries amounted to 4,370,705 dollars. The decrease in value was -5.15