Kömürcüoğlu International Stone Sculpture Colonies, which was initiated by Kömürcüoğlu Marble in order to use the artistic dimension of marble apart from the commercial purpose, in 2011 has been growing year by year.
The eighth addition of “Kömürcüoğlu International Stone Sculpture Colonies”, which has initiated by Kömürcüoğlu Marble in 2011 and is being carried out by “Nihat Kömürcüoğlu Culture, Art and Tourism Foundation”, will be held from May 21 to June 21, 2018. In the 8th Sculpture Colony, 139 artists from 42 countries (112 male and 37 female) applied with 221 projects. There will be 2 women and 4 men sculptures from Bulgaria, Argentina, China, Taiwan and Ukraine in the Colony.
A total of 61 sculptors and 4 painters, 19 of them from Turkey and 42 from abroad, and 7 instructors and 48 students have participated in the sculpture colony and Aegean Stone Academy up until today.
Participant Sculptures at the 8th Sculpture Colony
Agnessa Petrova (Bulgaria) : Marble/ Flourishing
Juan Carlos Bejenaro (Argentine): Travertine/ Sit, fly and imagine
Kamen Tanev (Bulgaria): Marble/ Links
Qian Shiua (China): Marble/White Horse
Wu ming Sheng (Taiwan): Travertine/ Unlimitedimagination
Olena Dodatko (Ukraine): Travertine/Scissors
“Stone Sculpture Art Museum”
Nihat Kömürcüoğlu, the representative of Kömürcüoğlu Marble commented about the event as follows: “Our goal is to help Denizli, known for its antique cities like Laodikeia, Hierapolis and Pamukkale, contribute to international recognition in the field of arts. We want to promote Denizli as a “City or Tourism” by presenting its cultural and touristic values. There are very few sculpture museums in our country and there is no in Denizli. It is in our long-term goal to accumulate works made by different artists and make up a new museum filled with these art pieces. Through this new museum in Denizli we will be able to transmit our cultural heritage to next generations. Each branch of fine arts brings different beauties to the life of the people. I am proud to be serving such a purpose. I would like to thank everyone who supported us in this process. ”
Sculpture Colony and events
* The Sculpture Column has been organized for seven years with the participation of sculptors from different countries. This is the eighth edition of the event.
* Stone sculpture courses titled the “Aegean Stone Sculpture Academy,” are given to trainees who attend from different countries of the world.
* Three cultural visits are being held during each colony and sculpture course. Cultural tours include activities for the promotion of ancient towns exhibiting regional archeology and art history in addition to tourism centers.
* The catalog for the colony and sculpture courses, which also contains the articles of the experts in the field, is being prepared on two languages every year (Turkish – English). These catalogs are delivered to those interested in the art of sculpture, primarily university and sculpture artists.
* Videos in which the sculptures tell their views and experiences about the Colony and sculpture courses are being recorded and distributed along with a booklet.
* Paintings and photographs of sculptures and project activities produced in the colony and courses, are exhibited in Denizli city center and displayed in suitable areas at the end of the year.